11 September 2008

Project Two-Folded Earrings



I actually began the Jewelry Challenge with this project, and not the Spinner Pendant. The copper sheet could have been heat-treated to make nice colors a bit more, but I am still learning! Anyone who is a fan of Battlestar Galactica might recognize something familiar about the front flaps....leave me a comment if you know what it is! The pearls (3/earring) were put together on headpins months ago for a design that didn't work out; they've been sitting on my desk ever since, waiting for their moment. I think the space I left inside the fold is a bit too small, but on the other hand, they ARE extremely cute. In fact, I am wearing them right now! I made the earwires a bit more "creatively" than I usually do, and I quite like them.

I have decided that they look like tiny purses with treasure tucked inside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful Jan! Great work...

beautifullybrokenme said...

Jan -

These look great! I have to admit that this was one of the most difficult projects for me to do. I had a very hard time making the earrings the same size (they still aren't, but at least they are close!).

Great job!

Molly

herbette said...

I heard that the props people on Battlestar go crazy cutting the corners off things. They will frame a shot, and someone will see more corners that have to be taken off.
The earrings are lovely by the way...

Jan-Ra said...

You got it! I just discovered Battlestar and am crazy for the show. I have made a game of finding all the cut-off corners. One wonders how you dog-ear the pages of books that have no corners....